We’re sharing our DK lineup, and hoping we see a boatload of $$$ in our account Sunday night
We are DEFINITELY not professional sports/daily fantasy gamblers. Not even close.
But, we do enjoy betting (or, as I like to call it, investing). The 2022 Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands kicks off early tomorrow.
Here’s who I have the utmost confidence in to perform well for me over the next four days of birdie-barages and f-bombs a flying.
Let’s goooo team!
- Brian Harman – Love this guy. Short in stature and off the tee. Bald. Babies have more hair. Left-handed. Couldn’t beat Webster in an arm-wrestling contest, but is feisty as hell and has won on Tour. Coming off a T-43 at the U.S. Open. Sleeper to win.
- Denny “Pet my bird?” McCarthy – Hits it straight and puts like a prince. He had a great U.S. Open and even made a slight run at the trophy on Sunday until reality set in. Not as cheap as he was last week (now $8,300, up from $6,700), but he’s playing the best golf of his career.
- Joaquin “Rubber Boy” Niemann – Coming off of a T-47 last week, he’s got more gas in the tank. Streaky. And TPC Highlands is where good pros go to shoot great scores. We like this pick a lot. Has the game to pick up his 2nd win of the season.
- Brandt Snedaker – Cheap. But we have “feels” that this could be a good week for him. The course isn’t long and putts are going to be falling all over the course. Sneds can flat-out-putt and his wand has always been streaky. When he gets hot, he can still post good numbers. He’s our “please just make the cut, sir” pick of the week.
- Jordan Spieth – Uh, has history at the Travelers. The good kind. Coming off of a below-expectations U.S. Open week (T-37) that likely left him pissed, I think the warm cookie & milk memory of victory past could fuel Spieth to pull off his 2nd win of the season. He’s been playing well the last few months, and this course is a perfect set-up for his game (“fore left, fore right” and the touch of an angel around the greens). Guaranteed Top-5 pick.
- Cameron Tringale – The anomaly. Makes good $$$ on Tour — every single year — but has never hoisted a trophy other than the one he shared with J. Day in 2014 at the Franklin Templeton Shootout. This is a good course for his “average at everything”-type of game. Had a good U.S. Open (T-14), so he’s trending.
WHO YOU GOT?