We’re sharing our DK lineup, and hoping we see a boatload of $$$ in our account Sunday night.
Like the week before, we didn’t win squat on DK even though we picked 5 out of 6 players who made the cut. What we needed was a bell cow player to finish in the top 3. Instead, we had a T-6 and T-8, Denny McCathy and Maverick McNealy respectively. But Todd, Lahiri, Taylor and Sabbatini played more shots than my gambling habit needed them to.
Moving on to the Scottish Open being played at The Renaissance Club. (Side note: There are 25 or so better courses in Scotland, but hey, this place was available!)
Fourteen out of the top 15 ranked players in the world are playing this week in the co-sanctioned major tour event (PGA TOUR and DP Tour). Heck, even some LIV traitors are teeing it up (we actually drafted one of them…I know…dirty…but gambling is just that, a little dirty!).
DISCLAIMER: Please keep in mind: We are DEFINITELY not professional sports/daily fantasy gamblers. Not even close. So if you go with our roster, good luck to us all!
The 2022 Scottish Open kicks off early tomorrow (or late tonight on the west coast).
Here’s who I have the utmost confidence in to perform well over the next four days of birdie-barages and f-bombs a flying.
Let’s goooo team!
- Branden Grace – Top “earner” on the LIV Tour. A win and a top-3 in LIV’s first two events have netted him a gazillion dollars and a closer relationship with slimy Shark. We’ve always been fond of Branden and actually feel like the LIV Tour is a great spot for him. He was never going to win a major, has little to no legacy on any major tour, but now can go win a shit ton of Saudi money and hopefully build a school or two back in South Africa. Let’s go Branden!
- Padraig Harrington – This guy is streaking right now. With clothes on. A win at the U.S. Senior Open followed up with a course record and 5th place at the JP McManus Pro-Am this week. Not young, and every now and then will miss a 2-3 footer, but hey, he still hits the ball like an angel – an angry angel. Without wings he rips 320 yard drives. If I could switch out Siri’s voice with Padraig’s, I would in an Irish minute. When he talks, my mouth waters for Guinness. A lock to make the cut.
- Max Homa – One of the cool kids on Tour. Love his swing. His game. His Twitter cred. Has a lot going for him, and I can easily see him winning this week. Top 10 lock.
- Collin Morikawa – I hear Collin is pretty good. But I’m still in a “wait-and-see” mode. Ha. Come on Collin, don’t let me down. Daddy wants to buy some new shoes and not use his own money! Top 5 lock.
- Xander – If I could spell his last name I would have added it. But come on. So many letters that don’t seem to fit together. Another player who’s playing great right now. Won The Travelers a couple of weeks ago. Won the most expensive pro-am in the history of golf this week (JP’s event). Can hit a low ball. Rarely smiles. Plays smart. The kind of game that can win in shitty weather. And shitty weather is forecasted.
- Will “Iron Byron” Zalatoris – Dude. Just win. And when you do, like Scheffler before you, you are going to be building a massive trophy case for your new home in Isleworth or wherever the rich and famous golfers are now living in FL. You have game to spare and we love the moxie. Just figure out how to make a few more putts, or, finish your last round an hour or so before the final group. Sneak a victory. You can do it! Our pick to win.
WHO YOU GOT?